Discovery Air is a Tier One sponsor of the Hawk One Project – Celebrating 100 years of powered flight in Canada!Read More
Tuition & Fee Information
Discovery Aviation Academy welcomes a pay-per-lesson system. Instead of paying large installments up front, students have the freedom of paying for their training after each flight lesson. For specific information on Discovery Aviation Academy's tuition and fees please call 705-693-3346.
Income Tax Information
Discovery Aviation Academy is certified by the Ministry of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. Therefore, students may claim expenses incurred toward a commercial pilot licence or flight instructor rating.
The allowable tax decutions are as follows:
- For a Private Pilot's Licence, any combination of dual and solo hours are acceptable to a maximum of 45 hours total.
- Students may claim PPL training only if they can prove that they are intending to undertake commercial training.
- For a Commercial Pilot's Licence, a total of 35 dual and 30 supervised solo hours may be claimed.
- Costs incurred by a student flying a personal aircraft while taking a course at a flight school are not eligible.
- No credit may be taken for time building or hours in excess of the Transport Canada minimums.
Please contact DAA if you would like more information.
Second Career provides laid-off workers with:
- Skills training to help them find jobs in high-demand occupations in Ontario
- Financial support
Second Career is a cost-sharing grant provided on the basis of need, so you may be asked to contribute what you can to your training or education.
Second Career provides funding for:
- Other instruction costs such as manuals or workbooks
- Basic living allowance
Additional support may be available to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities, dependent care, costs of living away from home and academic upgrading.
For more information, visit the Ministry's website.